Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Sunset Ride

Shooting over Steven's shoulder. (Me in the mirror)
With Steven wearing his brand new white "spaceman" helmet, we finally made it out last evening riding through Hominy Valley toward Pisgah while the sun set.

It was a stunning ride, the clouds and dancing light were breath-taking. So much to capture and I feel my camera can't capture it all. But I can feel it in my heart.

Vivid sunset colors
I kept pressing the shutter release, trying to catch the colors, anticipating the next bend. How wonderful it is that with a digital camera you can keep taking pictures to your heart's delight.

The rhododendrons bloom in torrents of pinks, reds, and purple. Inspirations. Delight.

This sunset ride was a rocking lull-bye. Embracing the curves, not the speed. Letting the sky and earth perform. The perfect balm to ease the stress and cares of daily life.

"My new helmet has reflection of the trees," said Steven

No comments: