Monday, July 16, 2007

Asheville to Galax, VA

Blue skies, light hearts...

Just back from an overnighter, roundtrip from Asheville, NC to Galax, VA. We took the Blue Ridge Parkway all the way up. It was a spectacular ride! Ending our trip just before dusk, we were just about the only ones on the road from Boone, NC to the stateline.

Each corner was a new surprise.

Lots of small deer & wild turkeys, almost close enough to touch. Rolling meadows and farms with bulls and cows. Rhododendron and wildflowers are in full bloom. The air is cool, crisp, clean.

I try to capture it all with my digital camera, but can't. Overlooking the timeless countryside, we decide that the path of American history still resonates and that sweet Virginia recalls Steven's childhood memories.

Coming back we dodged the rain and caught the rolling mist through Mt. Mitchell. The golden sun radiated the clouds with the surreal glow of life, love, God... and my spirit chants: I'm alive, I'm alive...

No comments: